55Gal predator tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks :) I'm going insane and I hate it :( my main goal is to get my first fish in by Christmas. I'm gonna be mad if I don't get one in by the .

Thanks :) I'm going insane and I hate it :( my main goal is to get my first fish in by Christmas. I'm gonna be mad if I don't get one in by the .

When did your cycle start exactly? and did you dose the whole time or did you use a shrimp at all?

No shrimp. I just used straight ammonia. I dosed every time the ammonia reached close to 0. Idk for sure when I started my cycle but best guess about 3 weeks ago? I'm sure I could find out if I tried hard enough going back through this thread

So after not dosing last night. 24 hours after my ammonia hit 0.... My nitrites read...... (Drumroll) 0 :) so I'm gonna dose my ammonia up to 4 again tonight and if tomorrow night they read ammonia and nitrite 0 then Saturday I'm buying a wartskin angler :)

So after not dosing last night. 24 hours after my ammonia hit 0.... My nitrites read...... (Drumroll) 0 :) so I'm gonna dose my ammonia up to 4 again tonight and if tomorrow night they read ammonia and nitrite 0 then Saturday I'm buying a wartskin angler :)

Although I'm not an angler fan myself :), I'm still so excited for you!! Hope it's zeros!! Let us know!!

Believe me, you'll know. And there will be lots of pics :) just will have to do a WC and turn on my skimmer. Hope the nitrates come down enough to add the angler. :)

I'm not a HUGE an of an angler but all my friends and family and girlfriend like them. :p and I like watching them dangle their fishing pole.

:( so the angler is gone. Idk what ill add. I think the only fish my lfs has that I'm planning on putting in my tank is a snowflake eel. So I might get that... Anyone see any problem with the snowflake being my first addition?

Would a regular assorted angler be too big to have around my puffer and hawk that I want to add?

I don't see a problem adding him first. They are pretty passive. What size is the one you are looking at?

Idk for sure but about a foot. Maybe a little less? He's In a tank with small damsels... So I assume he's pretty peaceful. And he eats silver sides.

Not a good idea .Anglers are ambush predators. If any other fish is smaller or even close to the same size and your angler is hungry it will be lunch no ifs ands or buts about it. This angler is almost a foot long correct? One that size will take down larger fish with no issues. Sorry for being so blunt and I hope I do not come off as rude but it's really not an ideal situation your planning these fish are not peaceful or passive when it's lunch time .

No! The angler I get will be like an inch at max when I get it. The snowflake eel is almost a foot. The angler will be a baby wartskin.

If I put the 1foot snowflake eel in my tank now and get a 1/2 inch wartskin angler in a couple weeks will they be fine? Or will the eel try to eat the angler?

IMO that is very high risk situation also because the eel is also a predatory fish. I wouldn't attempt it .

Okay. Well I probably will anyway but ill tell the guy who will be picking out the angler to get it big enough that the eel won't eat it.

Back
Top Bottom