55Gal predator tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm probably at risk of being scolded here but I have a 10"-12" snowflake in my 40 breeder with a 4"-5" dwarf fuzzy lionfish, a 3" coral beauty, 2" Ocellaris, 2" blue damsel, and 2" sixline wrasse. I have had no losses due to aggression (lost my columbian shark catfish when he got poked by the lion but I'm pretty sure he ran into the lion). Also I have had no aggressive behavior with the exception of my coral beauty and blue damsel tail slapping my eel periodically (he is completely oblivious to them). The eel is next to completely blind and will mistake the blue damsel for food if I don't put it right in front of him but as soon as the damsel moves he loses interest. I'm not saying you shouldn't be wary if you get a snowflake, just saying IME they can be quite docile.

image-223840555.jpg

image-2052841944.jpg

image-1048472989.jpg

image-3753059026.jpg

Okay. The one I wanna get is in a tank with some damsels that are pretty small. But I wanted to know if I shouldn't worry about getting a super small angler or if I should strive towards just the right size haha. I guess I'll be going for just the right size ;)

Probably best to err on the side of caution. 1/2" is quite small and being an angler they are not the most "traveling" of fish. My Ocellaris was about 1"-1.5" when I added my eel, I would suggest having your angler be at least that size but probably safer to go with 2" and keep the eel well fed.

Okay. Thank you :) I will keep my eel very well fed and try to get an angler about 2-3 inches. Any idea what size a wartskin angler would be able to start eating sliversides? I wanna wait till he can before trying to wean him onto silversides

I don't have any experience with anglers. They are gulp style eaters like my lion so based off of that I would suggest frozen jumbo krill over silversides as a frozen weaning food, my lion still won't take pieces of silversides and the whole ones are like 3" and far to big for him but he recently started taking krill without any real weaning process. He only took live feeder guppies when I got him and I fed him those every couple days for about 2 weeks just to make sure he wouldn't starve and then I went to frozen krill, silverside pieces and flounder pieces and refused to feed him live. Took about a 5-6 days and he now eats the krill, but still won't touch anything else. I know it's not angler specific and was a rather long story but I hope that helps somehow!

That definitely helped! And ill have a couple dwarf lions too so it'll help then also :)

So just to let you all know. Tomorrow be expecting a few pics. New aqua scape, and first addition :)

Haha :) I'm about to start my water change. Lets hope my back holds up. (I pulled a muscle a couple days ago so I might have to wait for my buddy to get up. It's only 9 here)

looks awsome cant wait for the day I get a moray they look so sick

Congrats! It seems like that was the longest tank cycle! Lol you had us all waiting here!!!

Back
Top Bottom