55Gal predator tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bearchumjs, I just so happen to have one of those!

image-2734397002.jpg

image-895630159.jpg

I Love his Colors! Gives the Harlequin Tusk a run for the money!!! Lol

Bearchumjs, I just so happen to have one of those!

I Love his Colors! Gives the Harlequin Tusk a run for the money!!! Lol

Very nice!!

Kuhji- I thought we were getting an FTS of the new rock arrangement too. How is the snowflake settling in? I'd name him Frosty and sing frosty the snowflake! He's a very happy eel... Etc... ;)

Haha. I ended up not rearranging it. He's a very happy snowflake but his name is earnie

That's the name my girlfriend gave him :) and yeah around that. I'd lean more towards the 10" but yeah.

Also he hides under rocks and it keeps looking like his tail is stuck between the rock and the sand. Am I lifting up rocks for no reason or could he actually keep gettin stuck?

sorry I'm sure you covered all this, but it is a lot to back track. Did you use all live rock and would you say your cycle was right around a month?

As for the eel, if he can get in, I'm sure he can get out as long as there is no rock slide.

Okay sounds good. And I used 50lbs base rock and about 5lbs live rock and it took me a little under a month. I'd say 3 weeks

Just a thought but my snowflake liked when I burried some PVC piping in the sand with some openings that were even with the sand bed, I haven't gotten around to doing a full pipe network for him in my new tank but its on the to do list. It's also seemed to minimize his digging quite a bit and I never had to worry about him getting stuck in the rocks because he preferred the piping over it.

image-2505399615.jpg

image-155205564.jpg

Just a thought but my snowflake liked when I burried some PVC piping in the sand with some openings that were even with the sand bed, I haven't gotten around to doing a full pipe network for him in my new tank but its on the to do list. It's also seemed to minimize his digging quite a bit and I never had to worry about him getting stuck in the rocks because he preferred the piping over it.

That's cool!!

That's a cool idea! And you can position an opening so you can see him a lot!

You can always add sand! ;)

Yeah but I still don't think I'd like it unless I did tons of work and had them like coming out of the middle of a rock or something haha

I know it's kinda soon but guess who the new owner of an awesome lookin angler is ;)

Back
Top Bottom