55Gal predator tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Super close up of his bulge after his meal

Attachments

• image-3949770974.jpg
    image-3949770974.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 81
What is its activity level? If still moving it should be ok. Remember mine didn't move for 4 days after a big meal but he still ate the next week fine. I think if gets overfed constantly it will go on a strike but I think one week isn't bad.

Well i was gonna feed him once a week but this week he ate Sunday and then just ate a big meal haha. Right now he's not moving but as long as he moves around later he should be okay?

Should be ok. Just keep an eye on him. It's going to be hard to limit food when your other fish eat live food also. One of the reasons they are recommended to be solitary so you can make sure he only eats when you want him to.update after a few days when he is mobile again .

Well i was gonna feed him once a week but this week he ate Sunday and then just ate a big meal haha. Right now he's not moving but as long as he moves around later he should be okay?

Okay sounds good. Usually the fish stay clear of him so he doesn't eat unless I want him to. But my eel wouldn't eat the damsels so in the process of trying to catch the damsels one of them ran right into his mouth haha

Cool. I doubt he would eat if he was totally stuffed. But if food came right into my mouth I would eat it too lol

Haha yeah. But ill let ya know. I'm gonna keep him unfed till middle of next week.

Just thought I'd let you all know I'm feeling alot better already because he's moving and being more active already :)

Yesterday I got a chocolate chip starfish some giant turbo snails and some extra jumbo hermits :)

I know sometimes eels will wrap around hermits until they get them. Not sure since snowflakes tend to be more docile. Regardless, worth a try for adding some more life to the tank!

Well the hermits I know will be fine. I got them out of a tank with a 30" snowflake eel. :)

Ill take some pics tonight. I'm also planning on getting a couple other smaller chocolate chip sea stars :)

1. youll run into excessive flow issues before anything. and 2. why would you ever want to buy a fish, keep it for awhile, then give it back? theres no way that a 55 will be even remotely close to big enough for a dogface. once they get some size to them they can be quite the handful. id try to find one thats 7-8 inches long and spend some time interacting with him.

It's been quite some time sense I mentioned the dogface haha. An can you elaborate on the excessive flow issues?

wow i completely missed the page buttons.... its late and i just got home from work... im sorry about that. as for the excessive flow, the more you skim, the heavier flow youll have. you obviously dont wanna put a 210g capable skimmer on a 40-55g tank because the flow from the skimmer would be way too overpowering

Oh okay. Yeah there's more pages :) I figured something was up. Haha. And alright. Yeah I realized I can't switch the skimmers anyway :p but feel free to read the rest and tell me whatcha think ;)

This the kind if pic you were looking for?

Ill be posting at least 1 more of my favorite giant hermit but it won't be till tomorrow cause the lights just went out. But stay tuned! It's blood red with white dots all over and it's hairy and awesome looking!

Attachments

• image-2734613770.jpg
    image-2734613770.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 69
Anyone had any experience with a snowflake eel being super hyper and swimming around all over the place from sand bed to waters edge? Kinda makes me nervous because I don't have a lid :/

No lid? That's not great. I've seen the snowflakes at one of my LFS jumping back an forth ober the barrier between to adjacent tanks, treating them as one bigger tank. If its hyper and swimming all over, I would think its planning an escape route.
:(

Back
Top Bottom