55Gal predator tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha well it's still in there. Yeah... This one was in a tankless little square foot section and never escaped so I'm hoping he won't. But I am slowly looking into gettin a lid.

Haha well it's still in there. Yeah... This one was in a tankless little square foot section and never escaped so I'm hoping he won't. But I am slowly looking into gettin a lid.

You're playing with fire! You should get a lid before he becomes eel jerky... :hide:

Yes I should but I don't want a glass or acrylic lid. I need something that breathes and that I can cut a hole in for the skimmer to stick through.

I currently have egg crates over the top if my tank the wholes are maybe 1"x1" and I cut around the filter and my legs for the lights and my skimmer. I don't know if its safe for the eel to squeeze through but it's better than nothing and cheap! They're called light diffusers at Home Depot.

Does anyone feel like this would be okay for the eel ? If so, I want one lol. I haven't purchased a snowflake yet because of this question.

Okay. I might do that. I don't think it would really stop the eel if he was trying to escape but it'd make it a little harder for him... Like I said though he was kept in a tiny tank with no lid so I'm assuming he's just going psycho for a bit. Who doesn't? ;) haha. Today he's back to normal just chillin in the rocks.

It looks semi-nice and easy to cut just a pain in the *** to figure out the sizes of the cut outs at first. They were like 12 a sheet. I used 2. Might redo it and get black because the ones I have are white

My eel cracks out after the light goes out in my tank some times, also when food hits the water he starts going crazy and chasing any fish that gets near him, never tries to bite them, just gets excited about the food and freaks out. I had a glass lid for my tank but the front half of it broke so now I have a half lid. I had my eel escape twice when I had the full lid and he hasn't tried since. I think he may have learned his lesson but I may look into a light diffuser anyway just for some added peace of mind.

Okay thanks for the info :) update last night the angler ate again :) half a frozen silverside :) I also discovered the I like to feed my hermit crabs too :)

Well they're extremely hardy and I got 2 right now. One small and one big. I just for know if there's a limit or if its just as much as your algae can feed haha

I believe it's just as much as they can eat in order to survive. I know a lot of starfish dont make it simply because of lack of food. I'd keep the two for now, and just see how they do and if anyone else can chime in.

Well chocolate chips eat left over food. So I can always feed them but ill keep the 2 and see if anyone else chimes in

sounds good, sorry I couldnt be of much help on this, I just noticed no one responded so i figured id say whats up lol

Chocolate chip stars are carnivorous, they won't eat algae and they require large aquariums and since you have 2 I hope they are about the same size and toughness because they are known to be cannibalistic... Hate to burst your bubble

:(

Hmmm... I have 2 ofcompletely different sizes that do fine with each other. And we're in the same tank with each other at my lfs for over a month.

Back
Top Bottom