55Gal predator tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm..... Idk. Wanna do me a favor and post a list of my options? Then ill pick one haha. It has to be compatible with snowflake eel, Papuan puffer, and blood red hawkish.

FU MANCHU!!!!!! Lol for a 55 gallon, I'd still go with a Fu Manchu over a fuzzy. For one the COLOR!!! dull colors( brown and white)=fuzzy, red, white, black, and yellow= Fu Manchu. Have you ever watched a Fu Manchu? Their spikes move in an awesome wave-like motion. They not only perch on top of rocks, but they like to stay sideways, and even upside down. They usually max out at about 5 inches. They aren't aggressive towards tankmates, or at least nmine isn't. I hand feed mine at times, but he prefers the stalking and hunting of its food. It's their instinct, so I don't deprive him of it. Fun to watch! I Love my little guy! Yeah.....I'm pretty bias on this one! Lol

Hmm..... Idk. Wanna do me a favor and post a list of my options? Then ill pick one haha. It has to be compatible with snowflake eel, Papuan puffer, and blood red hawkish.

In terms of lions? or just fish in general.

A lot of things can go with the three you listed as they only pose a threat to very small fish. and inverts of course.

In terms of Lions:
Fuzzy dwarf. (easiest to feed, several color forms available)
Zebra dwarf (a little less hardy)
Antennata (Nice big fins, still not as hardy)
Mombasa (once again not as hardy, but unique patterns)
Fu Manchu (one of the least hardy and most shy, but obviously unique looking)

I believe any of these can work (assuming your puffer leaves them alone. )Unfortunately any dwarf species tends to hide more than their larger counterparts.

Haha :p well that's what I was lookin for. Can you give me some pics? Maybe vids? Haha

I think for a final stock list I want:
Fu Manchu lion
Papuan puffer
Snowflake eel
Blood red hawkfish

And I want a scorpion fish but don't think my sand bed is deep enough :/ anyone know much about the red banded sting fish or whatever it's called on live aquaria?

Ate they really the least hardy? I either want the zebra or fu Manchu but idk what one :p

Ate they really the least hardy? I either want the zebra or fu Manchu but idk what one :p

I'm not going off of experience. Just reading. I've been doing a lot of research on which lion I want. (75 fowlr).
yes of the ones listed they are the least hardy and don't handle poor water conditions and are hard to get onto frozen. Solution: keep good water quality and feed live as long as necessary. If you want to put in the effort, and it is your favorite, then by all means do it. Plenty of people do successfully.

Hmmmm..... Too hard of a dissision haha. Any experience on that sting fish? Anyone?

You want a fu Manchu, snowflake eel and stingfish?

I don't see any problems with that. Make sure you have a dsb. They bury themselves.

*disclaimer*. I am by no means am expert. I'm barely a beginner. I'm just guessing that it would be ok.

And a Papuan puffer :p dang...... How would I go about adding sand to a tank that's already cycling? Will it matter? Just throw in some bags and then rescape the rocks? I won't do it till I'm sure my lfs can get me one but is that the best easiest way?

Also how deep would I need?

And a Papuan puffer :p dang...... How would I go about adding sand to a tank that's already cycling? Will it matter? Just throw in some bags and then rescape the rocks? I won't do it till I'm sure my lfs can get me one but is that the best easiest way?

Also how deep would I need?
Yep. Just add the sand to the tank. It won't hurt the cycle or anything. I don't know how deep the sandbed should be. You're gonna have to look that up I guess. Normally I would look things like that up to help out but I was up til 2am setting up a Christmas tree to surprise the kids when they woke up... I'm super sleepy.

Haha well then by all means take a must needed rest. I have time to look it up. I'm sick as a dog so ill probably be all over this and the Internet all day

Haha well then by all means take a must needed rest. I have time to look it up. I'm sick as a dog so ill probably be all over this and the Internet all day

Oh I hope you feel better! My 3yo is sick. Had a fever of 102.5,slept all day yesterday and all night. She even threw up on me! Fun times... LOL! She seems to be feeling better today. Drink lots of fluids and good luck finding info on the elusive sting fish! :)

Thank you :) haha. True mothers advice there. :) haha. Idk what kind of fever I was running but I know I was.

I think my final stock list I Want is:

Zebra lionfish
Papuan puffer
Snowflake eel
Orange banded stingfish
And a hawkfish

Any tips or suggestions? Anybody know anything about owning the orange banded stingfish? I can't find much so I might drop him off my list.

I guess I won't be gettin the stingfish. My girlfriend has banned me from it because its so poisoness. But everything else on that list sounds good :)

I guess I won't be gettin the stingfish. My girlfriend has banned me from it because its so poisoness. But everything else on that list sounds good :)

so are lions, fox faces, and zoanthids lol just handle with care and youll be fine. personally if i had a tank suitable for a scorpion then it would be at the top of the list. you can get them in a huge variety of colors.

Haha but isn't the Scorpion fish quite a bit more poisoness then all those others? What's a "suitable tank" for them? Know any info about them?

Haha but isn't the Scorpion fish quite a bit more poisoness then all those others? What's a "suitable tank" for them? Know any info about them?

I've done some reading on them but I'm not to knowledgeable in this department. I do believe their sting packs a punch but nothing life threatening. When I say suitable tank I just mean a tank that doesnt have any small reef fish like gobies since they could become a snack lol

Back
Top Bottom