6-Line Wrasse Issues..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Tex

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I just introduced my wrasse into my tank about 8 oclock and it immediately hid and won't come out is this normal? He's in a tank with 2 caramel clowns and a candy hogfish, do I have incompatible stock?

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the stock but when I added my wrasse he spent about 2 days under the sand which I've heard is pretty normal, that's also where he goes to sleep and doesn't come out until 9:30-10 am

So I just introduced my wrasse into my tank about 8 oclock and it immediately hid and won't come out is this normal? He's in a tank with 2 caramel clowns and a candy hogfish, do I have incompatible stock?

btw guys, its a 36g bow front, with about 45lbs of live pukani rock, 40 lbs of reef grade live sand (2" bed) and 10hrs of dual t5ho lighting on a timer, clowns were intro'd first, then the candy hog last week, now the 6-line wrasse.

I'm not sure about the stock but when I added my wrasse he spent about 2 days under the sand which I've heard is pretty normal, that's also where he goes to sleep and doesn't come out until 9:30-10 am

Was it a 6-line as well?

Last edited:
When I did a tank change over my Six Line Wrasse hid in the rock work for a while. I was worried! He started ended up showing up after about a day and half.

Unfortunately mine Jumped and killed himself a few months after I moved him to a bigger tank. :-/

When I did a tank change over my Six Line Wrasse hid in the rock work for a while. I was worried! He started ended up showing up after about a day and half.

Unfortunately mine Jumped and killed himself a few months after I moved him to a bigger tank. :-/

im just as worried, i couldnt find him so i got down on my hands and knees and started looking under the stand, behind it, under the couch etc, then i found him in the live rock, he looked almost like someone wedged him in there, he was in a tiny little space, and hes been there, i can see his eye moving and hes breathing so i guess all i can do is wait :(

your Wrasse will wedge himself into the tightest of places. You will be surprised! The other cool thing is when they sleep they will build a mucus cocoon over themselves as a protective measure. They feel safe when they are wedged into tight places.

You inadvertently scared him, so he might not come out for a few days. :p

your Wrasse will wedge himself into the tightest of places. You will be surprised! The other cool thing is when they sleep they will build a mucus cocoon over themselves as a protective measure. They feel safe when they are wedged into tight places.

You inadvertently scared him, so he might not come out for a few days. :p

lmao yeah i might have i have a 500 lumen maglite led torch i was using to look into the nooks and crannies of the rock lol but ill give it some time, i thought my candy hog was being an a$$ buti guess hell just come out when hes ready :eek:

btw guys, its a 36g bow front, with about 45lbs of live pukani rock, 40 lbs of reef grade live sand (2" bed) and 10hrs of dual t5ho lighting on a timer, clowns were intro'd first, then the candy hog last week, now the 6-line wrasse.

Was it a 6-line as well?

No it's a yellow coris wrasse, but their behavior is similar

Seems like normal behavior to me. Make sure you have a top on your tank as he will jump.

I have a 6 line in with a coral hogfish and they are just fine together. It will just take some time for him to get comfortable most likely. No need to worry yet

Back
Top Bottom