60 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The copper band is eating frozen shrimp like a champ... I was really nervous. I saw him picking at 1st, but when right for it last night.

I have a question about my puffer. He never eats the krill, squid, or shrimp I put in the tank. He's only eating the frozen brine and mysis shrimp. How do I get him to eat the whole shrimp, krill, or squid???

Hey Koi,
Glad to here the Copper's eating well.
Not sure about the Puffer, unfortunately never has the chance to own one. Honestly, I've wanted one from the beginning, but didn't stock my tank accordingly, and have been handcuffed from getting one since then. I often think about setting up a nice predator tank with Triggers, Puffers, Lions and Eels, but:
1- don't have the cash
2- wife would divorce me!!
Maybe someday.....
Good luck with him, wish I could help.

Kio707 said:
The copper band is eating frozen shrimp like a champ... I was really nervous. I saw him picking at 1st, but when right for it last night.

I have a question about my puffer. He never eats the krill, squid, or shrimp I put in the tank. He's only eating the frozen brine and mysis shrimp. How do I get him to eat the whole shrimp, krill, or squid???

Kio, how big is your Puffer? I have a 4 inch Dogface that eats whatever I put in the tank. Have you tried incorporating krill and mysis or brine at the same time? I've also heard you can try a clam from the seafood counter (in the shell).

About a inch and a half. Yeah, tried doing that all at once too...

Kio707 said:
About a inch and a half. Yeah, tried doing that all at once too...

As long as he is eating, I wouldn't worry about it. Mine was about the same size, maybe a bit smaller when I got him. The bigger he got, the more variety he went after.

As long as he is eating, I wouldn't worry about it. Mine was about the same size, maybe a bit smaller when I got him. The bigger he got, the more variety he went after.
+1,,as long as he shows interest in eating he's good...Pretty soon he'll be eating from your hand:lol:

The yellow is in the 60g now. So are the blue reef chromis. I'll take pics later.

Pics of copper band eating mysis and brine shrimp, plus the blue reefs!

Last edited:
Hey kio,

As you know we have the 65. Could you give me a list of your entire stok in the 60 so maybe i could get some ideas? Also, could you list the tanks dimensions? Thanks man, appreciate it

Gboy66 said:
Hey kio,

As you know we have the 65. Could you give me a list of your entire stok in the 60 so maybe i could get some ideas? Also, could you list the tanks dimensions? Thanks man, appreciate it

3 blue reef chromis, 2 pajama cardinals, coral beauty, v. saddle puffer, copperband, and yellow tang (temp)...

Kio707 said:
3 blue reef chromis, 2 pajama cardinals, coral beauty, v. saddle puffer, copperband, and yellow tang (temp)...

Cool thanks man;) the puff isnt reef safe right?

Kio707 said:
I like him. Not to big and a lot of personality.::

Very cool;) i would live to have one. Tank looks great. So, why not make this 60 a reef?

Back
Top Bottom