Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
65g fowlr tank questions

I recently inherited my brothers 65g fowlr tank. My brother doesn't want it anymore so he gave it to me. I been learning the ins and outs of this tank slowly since he isn't helping me and is now overseas.

My tank is 65g
It has a Coralife 36 inch deluxe lunar series fixtures
A boju 65g protein skimmer (it's alright)
A marinelife 360 canister filter
Live rock (I don't know how many pounds but alot)
1 clownfish
2 yellowfin damsels
And 12 crabs 2 large snails

My questions are
1) what are good and beautiful fish that I can have in this tank to go with my clownfish and two damsels
2) is it a good idea to switch from a 65g to a smaller biocube? I am wondering if it will be easier to manage and cheaper in cost. I also want sone coral in the tank but I do not believe I have the right setup.

If u can help me out it be great thanks.

I have included a pic of my tank.... I'm still new and learning. My brothers tank was a mess before he gave it to me so I am trying to get it in tip top shape. If you have any suggestions please let me know 
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3387390822.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	36274  

Erictoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 65 gallon FOWLR setup myself.
1) You could keep blennies, hawkfish, certain puffers, it really depends on what you want.
2) Smaller tanks are harder to keep. I would get comfortable with the tank you have first.
It's been real AA.
Purevil21 is offline   Reply With Quote

fowlr, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com