68 degrees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i ordered a fuzzy lion and i ordered a heater thru the mail.i thought the heater would have been here by now but it wont get here till tomorrow my water is at 68 and the fuzzy lion needs 72-78.will he be alright for a day?i just changed my water otherwise i would boil some water to bring it up

You dont want to add boiling water. Maybe add water about 82-84 degrees and slowly raise the temp. Any of that boiling water gets near him it will kill him.

hes not in the tank yet,he is at the store.i pick him up tomorrow

I agree with Melosu58, even without having a fish in there I wouldn't use boiling water. Your tank will notice the change between boiling and hot tap water when you eventually do have the fish in there. I would just add warmed water and constantly change the water. Make sure not to do big massive water changes. I am not sure how big your tank is, but I would only do like a half gallon each hour or so. Hope this helps!

its 75 gallon so its alot of water maybe my heater will come in the mail or the pet store will hold him a day or two longer

Salt will rise the boiling threshold of the water( just a thought)

Good point Mikewest. I think you could do a good gallon then in that big tank. Do you have a sump?

Is there anyway you could just tell you LFS about you situation and ask if they could hold on to it?

Back
Top Bottom