72 gallon FOWLR setup. HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iamkush

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, so i've done countless hours of research for my 72 gallon aquarium going from saltwater to freshwater, back to salt... anyways. Heres what i want to do, I want to use 80 lbs of live rock, and a nexx modular filter, which will rate it up to 110 gallons, (ive heard there really nice) I just really dont want to deal with the hassle of a sump, im not concerned with it keeping the aquarium looking "clean", i can get an inline heater no big deal. Anyways, would this be enough to filter the tank? between the live rock and the canister? Thank you for the help in advance!

Wow..I've never even heard of that. It looks awesome!

Anyway, I can't see why that wouldn't be enough. I have a 40 gal with only 40 lbs of live rock and an AquaClear 50 filter and my tank stays pretty clean - low nitrates, wastes, etc.

Have you considered a protein skimmer? Between the live rock and a skimmer - I'm not sure the type of filter matters all that much. The live rock is definitely the most important :)

Back
Top Bottom