Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
72 gallon FOWLR setup. HELP!

Ok, so i've done countless hours of research for my 72 gallon aquarium going from saltwater to freshwater, back to salt... anyways. Heres what i want to do, I want to use 80 lbs of live rock, and a nexx modular filter, which will rate it up to 110 gallons, (ive heard there really nice) I just really dont want to deal with the hassle of a sump, im not concerned with it keeping the aquarium looking "clean", i can get an inline heater no big deal. Anyways, would this be enough to filter the tank? between the live rock and the canister? Thank you for the help in advance!

iamkush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Wow..I've never even heard of that. It looks awesome!

Anyway, I can't see why that wouldn't be enough. I have a 40 gal with only 40 lbs of live rock and an AquaClear 50 filter and my tank stays pretty clean - low nitrates, wastes, etc.

Have you considered a protein skimmer? Between the live rock and a skimmer - I'm not sure the type of filter matters all that much. The live rock is definitely the most important

Don't try to fix something that isn't broke. You just might end up breaking it

30g FOWLR Tank
8g Mantis Shrimp Tank
all4wheels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
yea! they seem to be pretty good, although most of the reviews are on FW, im also thinking about this, its a canister filter, a sump, and a skimmer. plus it comes with an overflow. I dont know anything about them though. Anyone know if there any good?
Tom Rapids Pro Series Rp3 Plus Canister Filter With Auto Fill System
iamkush is offline   Reply With Quote

2 gallon, 72 gallon, fowlr, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com