72 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shroom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well guys, after seeing what you guys said about the 30 gallon tank, and a lot of time at my LFS (about 2 hours just yesterday) I've decided to upgrade in size to a 72 Gallon Bowfront Tank, and im going for a more peaceful tank which will include the following..

1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Pistol Shrimp
2 Leaf Scorpion Fish
1 Yellow Tang

(i was thinking of putting in a six-line wrasse too, does anyone know if that will work?)

I was wondering if anyone had any comments or thoughts on this setup? or suggestions, all are appreciated.

Thanks for the Help and Patience.

The leaf scorpion fish will need to be fed live feeder fish which will not be a peaceful tank. More like a predatory tank

I mean "peaceful" as in nothing will harass each other, what i should have said was calm or something... and i'm gonna feed it live shrimp until i can train it to frozen foods.

It may eat your watchman goby and if it gets a chance possible your pistol shrimp. Anything that it can fit in its mouth will, if it can catch it.

I think the goby will be fine, as long as it has space, and from what i've seen the goby is too big for its mouth, cause my LFS has both of them next to each other in tanks and the goby really does look bigger then the leaf fishes mouth can extend.

You'd be suprised at what they can fit into their mouths, but if you decide to do it, let us know how it goes. Just be very careful.

Hmmm actually i think im just gonna get a larger shrimp goby without the shrimp (will it still be ok?) that is bigger then the leaf fish, and then just a long nosed hawkfish thanks for the help people.

oh but i do have a question.. how many inches of fish could i fit in this tank, i wanna make sure im not overstocking

modified list:
1 Yellow Tang
2 Leaf Fish
1 Pink Spotted Watchman Goby
1 Long Nosed Hawkfish

Back
Top Bottom