72g fluval, need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you can I would do a sump as well. Adds more water volume and as they say bigger (water) is always better. Lol it will help to keep your water parameters more stable. Tanks with less water tend to have less stability hence more frequent water changes to keep nutrient levels in check.

So any suggestions for stocking?

Reef safe/peaceful fish:(not saying to get all of them! Just some ideas :))
-Midas Blenny
-McCosker's Wrasse
-Hector's goby
-Yasha goby
-Foxface
-Melanurus wrasse
-Tomini tang
-cleaner shrimp
-red fire shrimp

So any suggestions for stocking?

Here's my suggestions:
Foxface!! :)
A couple bartletts anthias
Carpenter wrasse
Bangaii cardinals
A dwarf angel if not doing corals
Yellow eye kole tang
Black/white clown
Cleaner shrimp
Yellow headed jawfish

That gives you yellow, pink, white/black, red, grey/yellow, pearl/blue, and if you chose a cherub dwarf angel, you'd have blue too. :) and there are some entertaining ones to watch (jawfish and cleaner shrimp). :)

Pretty much when u go fish shopping go to a good lfs and find what you like and ask the questions u need to ask about comparability and I don't recommend petco u need a saltwater specialty store

Pretty much when u go fish shopping go to a good lfs and find what you like and ask the questions u need to ask about comparability and I don't recommend petco u need a saltwater specialty store

Personally, I wouldn't take advice on compatibility from any LFS. I would do the research myself. The majority of LFS will tell you it's compatible just to make a sale.

Personally, I wouldn't take advice on compatibility from any LFS. I would do the research myself. The majority of LFS will tell you it's compatible just to make a sale.

The fish stores I frequent here in San Antonio know there stuff it's sad not all mom and pop shops are like that but I've gotten nothing but good advice from my 4 favourite shops here. But would never ask at a large store like petco or petland,ect. Js and I've done my research as well

Okay so I think I want to build a sump system for this baby. I know that a sump is basically a smaller tank with dividers and compartments in it the channel the water over and through certain thing, but other than that I'm clueless. What exactly do you put in the sumps chambers? How many gallons should my sump be? How do you control the gravity feed on the water dropping down from the tank? Do I need to buy another return pump or could I somehow incorporate the canister filter I have into the system? Any sump info helpful! I just put 3 damsels in to start the cycle!!!!

And for a 72 gal I'd recommend a 30 gal sump! My tank is 90 gal and I have a 30 gal sump and I'd like to build a larger one for if the power goes out better to be bigger than sorry and the drainage will only go so far that's y you mark your highest water lvl and lowest lvl so no overflows onto the floor

Back
Top Bottom