75 gallon maybe need chiller need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kmalcolm2002

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 75 gallon I upgrades to from a 40. My temp is staying around 79 to 80 due to my new light setup. I was wondering if I need to get a chiller to cool it back down to 76 area. If so can I buy one and put it inline with my current canister filter using the pump in the tank already????

I have that problem with my 90g. I have a regular fan in my sump and a light cooling fan on the top between my lights and water. Seems to do the trick keeping the water around 77-78 degrees. I'll post some pictures in a min.

79-80 degrees isn't anything to be worried about. I run my tank at 79 during the year. It hits a high of 82 during the hot months.

You can keep it at 80. Stability is the key. Just don't let it drop to the mid 70's at night and then jump up to 80 when the lights go on. I would turn the heaters up to 79 or so to keep the temp stable.

Ok so I have two 200 watt heaters so keep them at like 79 deg. And everything should be ok??? What's the highest the water could get before I should get worried ???

Back
Top Bottom