75 Gallon Predator Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captwnder

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking for some ideas on a stock list for a 75 Gallon Predator tank. I'm looking at a snowflake eel and maybe a Valentini Puffer (since they don't seem to get too large). I also have a Blue Velvet Damsel that will be in the tank for sure (he is currently about 4 inches long).

Would I be able to put any thing else in the tank with these 3 fish? If so, any ideas on what would work?

The tank is currently cycling with 75lbs of live sand and about 50lbs of live rock. (the damsel is in another tank at the moment). I'm looking at HOB skimmers right now too, so any advice on which one to choose would be great.

When I hear "predator tank" I always think Triggers. Maybe a Huma Huma/Picasso Trigger? Great personalities and a pleasure to watch and feed.

img_999502_0_c54254869d9ab68fc1130b3d84fd35f6.jpg

I currently have a Coralife Super Skimmer for a 265 gallon tank on my 75 gallon FOWLR tank. And it's a skimming machine. You can get them fairly cheap on eBay.

When I hear "predator tank" I always think Triggers. Maybe a Huma Huma/Picasso Trigger? Great personalities and a pleasure to watch and feed.

Thanks for the reply!

The picasso is definitely on my wish list also. Just wanted to make sure I was not overstocking the tank.

Greetings all chums,

Velvet damsels are among the most aggressive damsels out there (and impossible to remove). Take this into considerations when adding new comes with similiar sizes. DP

Back
Top Bottom