Have a brand new 75gal tank, stand, filter ready to go!
So I put it into place in the living room and started to fill it today. But it worked fine untill I got 3/4 of the water into the tank and it sprung a leak..bottom front middle of the tank...[moderator edit] a 5ft stream of water out a whole no bigger than a pin. I raced to clean it up but still ended up with a fair amount of water on the floor :p wife is not happy.
So back to the drawing boards. I need to re-seal the tank before anything happens.
So instead I played around with the stand, I set the canister filter into place and ran the hoses for it through the stand. Also painted the back of the tank black.
I will be wiring a few plugs into the stand itself and use some liquid tight connectors on the boxes and run some 12/3 cabtire out of one box and into a plug end for easy connection. Probably use 1 GFCI plug wired on the line side and run 3 or 4 duplex plugs on the load side of the GFCI plug, from there I could also wire in some timer switches to be mounted on the outside of the stand for easy programming of lights etc.
here is the tank before I painted the back black and setup in the house