80 gallon fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cjsanders757

Aquarium Advice Freak
image-4292496346.jpg

New buddy diamond watchman goby

image-1963714861.jpg

Simba my spotted hawkfish

image-4007266730.jpg

Columbian shark

Also have two clowns and a three stripe damsel.

The Colombian Shark looks cool. Did not know they could do both freshwater and saltwater. How did you acclimate him to the saltwater?

The Colombian Shark looks cool. Did not know they could do both freshwater and saltwater. How did you acclimate him to the saltwater?

Acclimated literally by opening the bag pouring in water every 15 minutes for about an hour. I had two at one point but the other jumped out :(

Cool, I was reading online and they said they need to start out in freshwater as a young fish, and can be moved over to salt. That fish might be a good candidate for my 90 gallon some day.

Cool, I was reading online and they said they need to start out in freshwater as a young fish, and can be moved over to salt. That fish might be a good candidate for my 90 gallon some day.

I started it with salt it has done fine since

Just saw this and read up on liveaquaria. It looks like they agree that they do fine in salt water. Makes me want to try it too. I wonder how they would be in a reef, it says they are peaceful.

Just saw this and read up on liveaquaria. It looks like they agree that they do fine in salt water. Makes me want to try it too. I wonder how they would be in a reef, it says they are peaceful.

They are very peaceful until it come to feeding time. Mine has sucked up crabs and one of clowns but spit em both out, with my experience with him coral wont get fed. Once he senses food he goes after all food sources if its on coral till eat from it.

Any thing else you guys can suggest I can put in that'll hold it's own against my clown and hawkfish.

You basically want semi-aggressives that are larger than the Hawk. Dwarf Angels, smaller Tangs (Tomini, Kole, etc), Foxface, probably some wrases...the Clowns will probably be okay with any of those.

That "shark" is basically a catfish, so they are going to be aggressive eaters. Like Lions, odds are, if they can get it in their mouth, they will eat it. I had one years ago in a freshwater tank. Never knew they like some salt, or that they could go pure saltwater. I may get one at some point now.

You basically want semi-aggressives that are larger than the Hawk. Dwarf Angels, smaller Tangs (Tomini, Kole, etc), Foxface, probably some wrases...the Clowns will probably be okay with any of those.

That "shark" is basically a catfish, so they are going to be aggressive eaters. Like Lions, odds are, if they can get it in their mouth, they will eat it. I had one years ago in a freshwater tank. Never knew they like some salt, or that they could go pure saltwater. I may get one at some point now.

Yeah mine doesn't bother anything except when r smells food.

Back
Top Bottom