90 gallon aggressive/predator tank stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ha its doing its job isnt it?

mike

which parts are those? the sro-1000lss has a bubble blaster 1000 pump paired with a diablo body. i think this is the one just under the one your running. ultimately, all the skimmers ive been turned onto or looked at and have been posted in this thread are all good skimmers. its just a matter of me making a "big boy" decision of which one to order.

i can say without a doubt that any of the four on my list will run circles around what im fighting with until i upgrade.

The bubble blaster pumps are good IMO . That was an upgrade I was going to do myself get a bigger bubbleblaster pump for mine but I don't really need it now since the scrubber. I'm trying to remember the model pump I have . I want to say it's a sicce psk 1500 or 2500 I can't remember so I would stay away for that pump . It is a tough decision to make I was lucky enough to get a recommendation from Mr x so I just went with it and It's been great with that one exception .

since its a light discussion about protein skimmers, they all have a window of water depth that they can be placed. how does making them sit deeper or more shallow affect its performance?

like i asked for an operating depth for a skimmer and i was told to start a 7" but no deeper than 9"

what changes?

I can only tell you the experience with my diablo when I had to change my sump . I don't have an exact measurement but since I removed all my baffles and lowered the water level in my sump. my skimmer is only in about half the amount of water it used to be and I haven't noticed anything different with the amount of skim it makes. So if your in specs it should work fine. If you go too deep it will just over flow but I don't see how 2 inches will do anything IMO

Back
Top Bottom