90 gallon fowlr stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wings4wheels

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 90 gallin fowlr with 100+ lbs of live rock and plenty if swimming space. I have a pair of perc clowns, a bangaii cardinal, 3 blue-green chromis, lawnmower blennie, and a royal gramma. Everyone us doing fine, but they are all small fish, the tank lacks a fish of size. I eventually would like a flame angel, but was wondering what else I could go with.

Thanks

Flame angels wont get that big either...sadly (I want one of those as well). You may want to look for a Tang of some sort.

Would you like this tank to eventually become a reef? If so, all of the fish that you want are reef save, except the flame angel. Just a thought, maybe go with a differant fish that isnreef save so that you have options in the future :)

Edit: a naso tang needs a 180 gallon so i wouldnt subject him to a 90. A yellow tang would do much better IMO.

I always thought tangs needed 5 feet of tank length. What about butterflies?

I depends on the type of butterfly...I can get smaller ones in my 75. You can research different types by looking at online fish stores like saltwaterfish.com...they usually have a minimum tank size listed for the fish. There are a lot of online resources to use! :)

Guess maybe I will go with a yellow tang. Like the blues, and really like moorish idols, but I am pretty sure that a 90 gallon is just not big enough.

It is my understanding that Moorish Idols are pretty difficult to keep. I have heard it is hard to get them the proper diet in the aquarium. No direct experience with them but my lfs owner doesn't like to bring in fish that don't do well in captivity and that one is on his list.

I had a fox face until recently (died inexplicably). Really cool fish. My lfs owner said they are comparable to a lionfish's, however, they are very peaceful. No one in my tank messed with it, unlike the Volitan I had. Supposed to be a pretty hardy fish too. I have heard they can be shy at first.

Back
Top Bottom