90 gallon set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buy the kit from bulk reef supply and its only like $15-$20 extra dollars. In my opinion....absolutely required but I have too much money invested in my tank, as will you with time, to risk crashing a tank. I lost $1000s of dollars worth of fish and corals a few years ago in a 5 year reef tank due to a system crash and caulerpa algae going sexual and releasing into my tank. Not saying tap water had anything to with it. I'm just saying lesson for me was 100% rodi water and 0% caulerpa algae in my tank from now on. I ran the fuge light 16hours a day and it wreaked havoc on my tank

It's good to have one to tell you when you need to replace the filters and if the RO/DI system is working correctly.

If I got my rodi off eBay... Where would I get a tds ad how much would it be?

They are 29.99 for a dual kit that you permanently install in the lines to measure incoming water tds and your pure water coming out tds. All this is from BRS.com I had an eBay one and it leaked one night and flooded my house. Luckily I was changing from carpet to hardwood anyway.

How much are they at brs.com?

I paid $190ish for everything the filters the hoses the float valves the tds meter extra hose etc. run a 1 micron 1st filter, 1 micron carbon 2nd, I used a 75 GPD membrane and then put a di resin at the end and you will make perfect water every time. They have a build your own kit on their website so you can pick and choose what you want.

That's the one. With the extra stuff I added the build your own kit was cheaper. I added a float valve so that I can turn it on and it automatically turns itself of when full. Plus I added the dual tds meter and an adapter forum sink water lines and a saddle drain.

That's the one. With the extra stuff I added the build your own kit was cheaper. I added a float valve so that I can turn it on and it automatically turns itself of when full. Plus I added the dual tds meter and an adapter forum sink water lines and a saddle drain.

Saddle drain? Sink water lines?

Saddle drain? Sink water lines?

You'll need some type of adapter to get water from your water line to the filter. I usedy sink line, they sell a t-fitting that goes on your cold inlet water or a garden hose adapter or an adapter for just about anything else. A saddle drain just clamps around your drain pipe for your sink to allow you to put you drain line from the filters into you existing drain from your home. When you get ready to buy one call BRS they will walk you through everything you need.

...Also for every gallon made about 2-3 gallons goes down the drain. You can use that for other stuff as well. I have it plumbed to my sprinklers and give it to my dogs.

Aww... poor dogs! "Here's some crappy water I wouldn't even give to my fish!" HA! ;-P I've got 2 dogs myself, I feed them a raw diet so they get filtered water. Heck, I drink outta the tap sometimes, I treat my animals better than myself! ;)
I might get a RO/DI system some day, I pay $.69/gal but SO MUCH easier to just buy SW from LFS for $.99/gal. And I tell ya what... you SAVE money if you don't go into the LFS weekly, I *never* just buy water!!

Aww... poor dogs! "Here's some crappy water I wouldn't even give to my fish!" HA! ;-P I've got 2 dogs myself, I feed them a raw diet so they get filtered water. Heck, I drink outta the tap sometimes, I treat my animals better than myself! ;)
I might get a RO/DI system some day, I pay $.69/gal but SO MUCH easier to just buy SW from LFS for $.99/gal. And I tell ya what... you SAVE money if you don't go into the LFS weekly, I *never* just buy water!!

There isn't anything wrong with the "waste" water. You can drink it but when I make a 44 gallon barrel of water, where will I store the 100 gallons of waste water. They have drank it since they were puppies and have never had a bad visit to the vet.

There isn't anything wrong with the "waste" water. You can drink it but when I make a 44 gallon barrel of water, where will I store the 100 gallons of waste water. They have drank it since they were puppies and have never had a bad visit to the vet.

I'm teasin' ya. It's just funny... the things we do for our fish. I actually was joking w/ the Petco lady that we don't treat our dogs special anymore & she's like Yeah, you've gone all fishtank crazy. B/c insteada buying toys & treats w/ my Petco rewards, I bought fish food!

But also, I'm a health nut & cast-off water would worry me w/ the dogs b/c it's their only moisture intake & I have city water. But my dogs actually hardly drink water on the raw diet b/c the diet is so moist.

Edit: PS--I also highly believe in To Each, His Own and am not bring critical at all. It's just my personal choice & I like to share info. It just made me laugh. I'm nuts over fishtanks & can't imagine what I did w/ my time before I had aquariums!!

I hear you. Believe me they are still spoiled well. About the same as the fish are. Can't fend for themselves in the absence of us. I read it nd it did look like I took offense. I knew it was a joke after I notice I wasn't on the PETA forum haha

Back
Top Bottom