90 gallon upgrade!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperAlex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just upgraded to a 90 gallon fish only tank with a Sea Systems sump and a CAD light 1220 protein skimmer as well as a Sea Systems media reactor with matrix biological media. For lighting I have a 4x 54watt T5 High Output fixture. I have a 60Lb Aragonite live sand bed, I don't have any live rock in the tank yet because I am not sure if I need it. I have been told by a few people and my LFS that because I'm using the matrix media that I don't really need the live rock and I can us any kind of decorations/hiding I would like for my fish. Eventually I would like to have a V.Lion fish(small to grow with the others), Fox face, and a puffer of sorts. Would this stock list be all that I could have in this tank? could I have a clean up crew of any kind? I would also like to know if I could move my CC starfish and Picaso Trigger from my36 gallon tank to this one. Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

From what I've heard the 90 might be too small for your Picasso let alone the 36 it's in at the moment.i would also be wary of the lion fish with the puffer and trigger I've heard of it working and also of the lion getting eaten or nipped at.

I have been told that the 36 is too small for him now but my LFS that I am starting to become very wary of convinced me to not return him and to just tra

And just move him into the 90 gallon once I get it set up and cycled. I guess I will take him back and not let them tell me otherwise. I am still pretty new to the SW world, do you have any suggestions as to what I could put into a 90 gallon tank with a lionfish? Also I am still pretty curious about the whole live rock thing. Needed or not with the bio matrix media?

Tbh you migh get away with him in a 90 but I don't think it's recommended you cold have tangs, foxface, butterflyfish snowflake eel etc lots of possibilities just any thing that won't fit in the lions mouth should be fine

Back
Top Bottom