Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
Oh.. i was actually under the impression that since it was setup until and hour before we got it that it didnt really need to cycle as it had all the bacteria and what not already there but to be cautious as it may minicycle due to moving it ..

So far only had a small ammonia spike of 0.25 ..

I think 1 feather duster is all she really wants 2 at the most .. i figure moms puff will eat the snails or crabs eventually .. i brought a few baby ramshorns and the triggee and puff really enjoyd them.. i plan to get some shrimp or clam on a half shell to feed them too..
Oh true you're right my bad I completely forgot. It should be cycled then. Yeah I'd give it those 2 weeks and you should be good to add more fish.

bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #32

Good... so far all levels have been 0 i have had her testing and me testing as well.. actually today the ammonia was 0.25 i change about 10g of water and she is checking the levels now bc i ran out of time n had to leave for work...

Old 10-31-2013, 11:39 PM   #33

Picked up a reef octopus 150 protein skimmer today.. also grabbed some sand sifting snails..

Mom looked at 4 different places to see what fish she likes and decided to get rid of the chocolate chip starfish as well as the trigger.. but now we worry he will bite through the bag and if we feel he wont arrive safely we will bring him in for a store credit.. mom wants a scooter blenny and a goby possible diamond ... she loved the long nose hawk fish and decided she doesnt like the clarkii clowbs but maybe the ocellaris or maroon and yellow clown...
Old 11-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Scooter blennies aren't actually blennies but rather dragonet a and have specific dietary needs. They need a pretty established tank so I'd wait a little while to get one. Maroons are mean, ocellaris are peaceful lol.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I agree with bribo. scooters are actually a very difficult fish to get eating frozen food so its best to wait a good long while for one of those. ANd yeah, maroons are the nastiest of all clowns and the biggest too I believe. lol

How about some snowflake or picasso clowns? they have very cool markings and have come down quite a bit in price over the last few years.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #36

I like the picasso but they are still pretty high priced here as they are a rare find according to all the lfs we talked to today.. i know the maroon clown was $40 which im not sure if thats good bad or what exactly since she has planned on the clarkii from day one...

We were told the scooter blennies were easy.. hmm ill definately do some more research.. i actually prefer the bicolored blenny myself ... not my tank hoping to move soon and set me one up .. found out today we are getting a petco and our lfs is being reopened ubder new management so they took down all the things mom would want or need and plan to order some of it in the next few weeks.. they did mention something specific that was needed to feed anemones and the mandarin gobies something thats a liquid like photoplankton maybe :/ not sure gonna research that too .. kinda hard when everyone has a different opinion on what to do or not to do ya know

Oh we were also told 10-15 fish would be a good number for her tank considering all her fish were smaller ... does that sound accurate someone else told me 8 but that mayb pushing it so here again alil confusing
Old 11-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
I like the picasso but they are still pretty high priced here as they are a rare find according to all the lfs we talked to today.. i know the maroon clown was $40 which im not sure if thats good bad or what exactly since she has planned on the clarkii from day one...

We were told the scooter blennies were easy.. hmm ill definately do some more research.. i actually prefer the bicolored blenny myself ... not my tank hoping to move soon and set me one up .. found out today we are getting a petco and our lfs is being reopened ubder new management so they took down all the things mom would want or need and plan to order some of it in the next few weeks.. they did mention something specific that was needed to feed anemones and the mandarin gobies something thats a liquid like photoplankton maybe :/ not sure gonna research that too .. kinda hard when everyone has a different opinion on what to do or not to do ya know

Oh we were also told 10-15 fish would be a good number for her tank considering all her fish were smaller ... does that sound accurate someone else told me 8 but that mayb pushing it so here again alil confusing
The bicolored would be a much better choice since it is actually a blenny. Neither anemones nor mandarins eat phyto, mandarins require copepods like scooter blennies and anemones require high light and occasional feelings of meaty foods. I'd say 10ish small fish
Old 11-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #38

Ok... the guy mentioned something like the anemone needed to be fed like corals... but we have been dropping frozen brine shrimp and mysis to the anemone with a turkey baster..
Old 11-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Only feed it like once a week, they don't need much more than that. But yeah you are feeding it the right stuff
Old 11-02-2013, 06:02 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I agree with Carey on looking into PIcassos or snowflakes, don't be afraid to order online. liveaquaria.com is a solid reliable source and even has free shipping over a set amount, (not to mention a 14 day guarantee.) id be careful with maroons (more specifically the gold-stripe maroons) as they tend to be more aggressive than other clowns. the gold-stripes are also one of the biggest clowns

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com