90g fowlr (newbie alert)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mom said her anemone is acting weird but shes not sure if its just drawing up to excrete waste or if its sick just started yesterday it did it once then returned to normal said she woke up this morning it was the same way .. trying to contact the guy to see if he remembers what the lights are but i think he said he didnt remember.. mom is gonna try n get a video to show the anemone

Edit: lights are 1 48in aquatic life 21.6 watts 10k and 460nm

1 36in aquatic life 15 watt 10k 46nm

Where is the anemone residing in terms of height? They will move to where they are most comfortable at and its helpful in telling if its getting the proper light

Its in the same location just fanned out more it looks more like its dancing sorta to me. It is stretching its tentacles towards the top of the tank and moving its bottom up and down but its not closed up.. i think my mom is just paranoid really ...

ForumRunner_20131102_235638.jpg

I read that anemones will stretch their tentacles out to feed. This may be what shes seeing

I read you brought the tank home, so I am assuming you already have it set up. I just have to say one thing about washing the sand (in case you didn't set it up yet).

WHY? It basically takes all the life out that was in it and kills it. You don't want to wash live sand. It helps with everything, from helping with the cycle, and keeping your tank stable.

Without knowing how well the sand bed was maintained or cleaned by someone else it's a huge gamble. Hell, a deep sand bed that's improperly cared for can crash an entire tank. It's better to be safe than sorry imho.

To the op:
Have you looked at a McCoskers flasher wrasse or a snowflake blenny? They are both beautiful fish to have in a tank.

Some other inverts to look at could include a Brittle Starfish, emerald crab, porcelain crab, and skunk cleaner shrimp.

When stocking a clean up crew just stock to the needs of your aquarium. If you start to see some more algae growth then add a few more snails and hermits. You don't want to overload your system with them though as they will start to starve.

If you are still worried about transporting the niger trigger just bring him to the store in a small cooler.

Back
Top Bottom