Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

A hawkfish as opposed to what? Hamlet? I'm basically trying to put together what I am going to call a "dwarf" FOWLR predator tank. So a snowflake eel, was thinking some sort of Canthigaster puffer, either a radiata lionfish or some sort of Dendrochirus lionfish, some sort of wrasse (on the smaller side, not too familiar with the different wrasses) and probably a yellow tang. I'll look into the hawkfish too. Was really hoping for a puffer as I love their personalities. Anyone have thoughts on this combo in a 92-gallon corner tank?

gansettguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Just as a bit of advice I've had snowflakes and lion fish and tbh they're fairly boring and don't do a lot. Althought beautiful. Also the problem I found with my snowflake was you have spot feed it first (the only time I really saw mine) otherwise it will bite at the other fish while they are feeding. I also had a trigger which is lovely and very nice to watch however it does show a lot of aggression to the other fish not that that caused any problems. I have also had fat and non fat puffers and both are very nice fish the Valentino I had was brilliant. The only problem with my Stars and Stripes is it ate my clownfish which was not much smaller than it. Just some food for thought

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

woody390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 01:34 PM   #13
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
snow flakes are boring like woody said , you could always go with a engineer goby as they get about a foot and a half in size ,they also have a great personality
i would go with both a flame hawk and a hamlet , im still looking to get a flame hawk
hamlets have some really nice markings i have a blue one they also come in yellow

another fish you may consider is the harlequin bass another nice looking fish

Fish are like lifesavers
They come in different colors

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote

92 gallon corner, aggressive, corner, fowlr, gallon, predator

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com