93 Gallon Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MJSerik

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have a very small, but possible chance, of getting a 93 gallon cube. Any possibility that, with proper filtration, I could keep a single Volitan permanently? Just a thought.

thats a 2'x 2' tank right? id personally say no considering that lion will def hit 12" as an adult. and be almost just as wide. why not do a fuzzy dwarf? i was absolutely in love with volitans and even had one, but i got a fdl and ill def go with an fdl over a volitan in the future.

I guess I'm looking for the most personable lionfish. Also, will it need a top? I'd prefer not. Still don't know if it's going on sale Friday, but if it is, it's mine. LFS is pretty great with sales

Yeah...get a dwarf. My Volitan just kind sits around. Not too much personality, but is a great looking fish. They do get big ...picture a basketball in your tank and that's the size you are looking at.

Could I find some way to keep 2 fuzzies? If the 93 isn't good for a Volitan, I can find another tank

Super disappointed. LFS isn't putting tanks on sale for Black Friday :,( Guess I'll have to wait. Thanks for all the advice guys!

:( that sucks
A ton. Granted I don't have much money, I started working 2 months ago and I only work for 2 hours a week :p Within the next year I plan on buying all the equipment, problem being college is in a couple years. So I'd have to wait til after :/

A dwarf lion is pretty much the same behavior-wise as a volitan. They just stay about volleyball sized, and not basketball sized.

Saw this monster at another LFS. He almost ate the trigger while I was watching.

Attachments

• image-4274557788.jpg
    image-4274557788.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 67
So, convinced my parents that if, starting Junior year of High School, I get straight A's through graduation, they'll fund whatever tank I want. Obviously if be funding it too, but how big of a tank would I need to keep a Volitan or 2, and have them be active?

Well, I guess realistically :p Would I need like a 300 long? Or like a cube but shallower?

Back
Top Bottom