Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
A few pics of my tank, 50g !not dial up friendy!

I will start a diary eventually but I also wanted to post a few pics to see what people think. Please share your opinions, questions, concerns, or whatever good or bad.

The tank is a 50g, FOWLR... though I will probably get some corals way down the road. Inside you will see 50lbs of base rock (ok no you won't see much, its mostly under the sand) and approx 45lbs of LR. There are a few snails in there.... some hitch hiked, some found there way there by a secret fairy.

I tried to do my best aquascaping, I'm pretty happy with it. There are a lot of caves and places to hide and I tried to vary the height of the rock.

I do have one gorgeous piece of base rock with a large hole in the middle that i want to place somewhere but I haven't figured out where yet, besides that its pretty much done when it comes to rock.

A full shot to start out

The left side

The right side

The middle

A bit of a different view

Thats it for now, please tell me what you think!

Lecithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:22 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
I really like it. I think over time it'll look better because hopefully the white rock you have in there will get darker.

One thing I noticed. The rock on the left leaning against the glass. Have you tried tilting it so that it will lean in towards the rocks instead and maybe create a little "island" layout? It'll be easier to clean that way too.

Just my opinion

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

In a few months the base rock that is above the sand will look the same as the LR does (at that point).
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular
I moved the left side around, not sure how well I like it, I'll post more pics. The fish seem to like it better though... then again it was the gramma's hotel.
Lecithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
That's a nice looking set up!
Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:16 AM   #6
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Really nice looking tank. Just remember that there is a SW show off area for tank pics. I`ll leave it here this time.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

pics, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com