a sad sad day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andy_b22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
alright here is the deal. I recently went on a week vacation. while i was gone my filter quit working and i lost both of my fish and my aquarium is over ran by algae and all my parameter are off the chart. so here is what i plan to do. i plan to just start over drain the water out of the aquarium take the substrate out and put some new in, then go through the cycle once more. is this a good idea. the only problem is i have about 50 lbs of live rock in there and i don't know what to do with it until my aquarium cycles again? anyone want to point me in the right direction. is what i am going to do even the right way to resolve this issue?
TIA

How about a few PWCs, to get your water in order and then you might not have to start over...? Can you post your tank/equip/critters in "my info". That way we can look and help easier. What kind of filter is it?

You might not have to start over. Just do as Roka said and do some PWC`s and test water and let us know parameters.If you want just pull your LR out and scrub with salt water and put back in tank.

what about doing a PWC like twice a week instead of the recommened one per week? would something like that work? then you could keep all of the beneficial bacteria and slowly rebuild the tank rather than start over.

Back
Top Bottom