Acclimate help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobdlaw610

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am thinking about getting the tank cleaner pack from live aquaria it comes with about 60 different critters. My question is how to acclimate all those critters and introduce them in the tank at the same time?

I like to drip acclimate but I take my tank water and mix with theirs in a QT tank. They can relax after shipping and you can make sure they don't die in your tank.

I would get the 60 something cleanup crew through the mail how would I drip acclimate all of them

I would get the 60 something cleanup crew through the mail how would I drip acclimate all of them

Cleaners Really dont need to be dripped. Starfish nems and some shrimp do. Snails can go through just about anything ive never lost them. For snails and crabs id just temp accumulate. WHat come in the pack/

Maybe some snails have no issues with fluctuations or changes in water/environment however not all are that hardy. Turbo snails are not good with quick change like that. Im sure some are better than others. I guess it depends on the chance you want to take. I QT inverts because while they can't get ich they can be carriers of parasites. Do some research on it. Following are two links you can read so you can make your own decision.

www.chucksaddiction.com/snails.html

www.reefcentral.com/forums//showthread.php?p=11848430

Your salinity level, Ph levels, etc need to be similar if you want to ensure that they live. You may get a good deal online but it does no good if you lose most of them when putting in your tank.

It's only my opinion. I tend to be cautious simply because dealing with flukes or ich is a lot of work and can be an expensive loss as I found out long ago when I first started keeping saltwater fish.

Back
Top Bottom