Acclimation question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper92

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank wont be finished and ready to stock for quite some time but it never hurts to ask your questions to early. I know a lot of places say leave lights off for a few hours after dropping in fish, but what about when i turn lights on? Should i turn my lunar lights on first then white?
Should i have my lights on a schedule to get my fish and inverts used to then slowly? Thanks in advance.

I initially thought the same. I've started turning on my actinic lights first for like 1-2 minutes, then add the whites. I've never had an issue. Doing the light thing at all is probably more than some people do anyway.

Glad to hear you're doing it right. Good luck with the build!

Do a timer for about 8-10 hrs of light daily. Do the lunar/actinic/blues for an hour which'll simulate the morning. Leave those one and add the whites an hour later. At the end of the 8-10 hours, turn the whites off and leave the blues on for an hour. The all off. The fish will get used to the schedule. You don't have to start slowly with that schedule. Just start one day.

Back
Top Bottom