Achilles tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it will be fine. I have more tangs that that and they get on fine.

It's not the number of tangs that will cause issues. It's the aggression of the tang. An achilles has a tendency to become very aggressive, much like the clown tang, and will cause a lot of trouble. You can keep how ever many tangs you want but it only takes that one that has a bullying attitude to start problems. Ive had a trigger that never bothered anything and then ive had a trigger that tried to bit my hand through glass before then a clown trigger that bit my knuckle after i was able to pet him with feeding other fish. It's just a gamble. The achilles passed in the distributor's care so I'll be waiting for another but I'm sure the fish was in a tank barely the size of his body as most places around here tend to display them like that.

+1 agreed. They are all very different. My clown tang will never be introduced to the main tang population, he is too mean and would upset the balance in my reef. That balance, once achieved, is really important.

The achilles I kept for a short time just couldn't handle my 200 gallon DT. He was all over the place, got ich, then died. the rest of the wild caught fish I added adjusted fine.

Back
Top Bottom