Active Scorpion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wiegs531

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently picked up a 6" Tasseled Scorpion. He has a healthy appetite, but he is very active in the tank. He loves to swim around and drop in new places. I feed him 10 saltwater guppies, twice per week. Do I need to be concerned with his swimming? Do I need more hiding places? Do I need to up the feedings? Or am I just worrying about something that doesn't matter? Thanks for all replies.

Im not very familiar with that species, but generally speaking, if hes eating actively and shows no sign of stress, he should be just fine. Do some research on feeding habits, and try to mimic how it would eat in the wild as best as possible. You might just have a fish that likes to explore :p

no pictures. He has started to relax a little. I've started catching my own saltwater minnows and he loves them. (so do my lions)
The tank is 125g. He is about 6 inches long. Shares the tank with 2 lions (1-5 incher, 1-3 incher), a singapore angel, and a maroon clown (he ate the other maroon clown).
Planning on dropping the other maroon and possibly the angel, and swap in something else.

Back
Top Bottom