Added Clown Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester23

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone. So after a month of searching i finally found a Yellow Clown Goby at my LFS. I bought it and brought him home to join my Ocellaris Clown and my 4 hermit crabs. I had a Purple Pseudochromis as well but he began to attack my little Clown Goby. I returned the Pseudochromis back to the LFS because I like the Clown Goby much more. He spends his time perched on the top of an ornament i have in my tank.

Question: Will another kind of Goby be a bad idea for my 20 gallon having the clown goby in it?

Pseudo's tend to be nasty little fish. You would be fine adding a different kind of goby, clowns don't mix with clowns in a tanks that small, so maybe go for a watchman goby.

Thanks. I was thinking of a Watchman Goby. I just didnt know if they would get along. Thanks a lot.

Hey everyone. So after a month of searching i finally found a Yellow Clown Goby at my LFS. I bought it and brought him home to join my Ocellaris Clown and my 4 hermit crabs. I had a Purple Pseudochromis as well but he began to attack my little Clown Goby. I returned the Pseudochromis back to the LFS because I like the Clown Goby much more. He spends his time perched on the top of an ornament i have in my tank.

Question: Will another kind of Goby be a bad idea for my 20 gallon having the clown goby in it?

What i'm most interested in is how in the [Moderator Edit] you caught your pseudo. Little buggers are faster then you know what.

Actually it was rather funny. He caught himself. Lol. I have a fake coral ornament that is hollow and open at the bottom. As I moved everything around to catch this fast little fish, he swam into the ornament. I simply scooped it up like a cup of water and dump the water and the fish into a container. Lol.

By the way, i dont know how to feed my clown goby. He is so small and always hiding that i dont know if he eats. I see him clearly but I rarely see him jump out at something small floating in the water column. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom