Added first fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks carey! so if i had only a heater in chamber one, the media basket with filter floss followed by purigen followed by chemi-pure elite in the 2nd chamber, and then the stock sponge and return pump in chamber 3 you think that would be adequate along with my sand and rock to keep my tank properly filtered?

Yep, I think so. I have the same setup and have no issues with my cube. :)

I love the easy filter media too, keep my water clarity good too. :)

Yep, I think so. I have the same setup and have no issues with my cube. :)

I love the easy filter media too, keep my water clarity good too. :)

awesome! the only difference I think is that I wouldn't be including the mini light and cheato, but that's about it. Shouldn't be a problem for a tank with just a few fish and 2 low light soft corals?

Nope, I see no problem with having it, only pluses. :)

You can read through the page and their pdf files and make sure you want it. :) They have really easy and simple video instructions too on installation.

yeah it definitely looks easy! I saw the videos and it should be no problem. gonna place the order today at lunch! so roughly every 3 months on the purigen and chemi? what about for the filter floss? I know you cut that into little squares to fit the media basket, but how frequently do you have to change those out? I am going to buy the bulk pack that comes with 3 10"x20"sheets. how long should that last me?

I tend to change out the floss/pad maybe every week sometimes twice. :) I bought a roll from my lfs months ago for $3 and still have plenty left. lol I precut a ton of little squares out so its like 4 seconds to change it out.

sounds like a good plan! I am excited now! hopefully the media basket setup will do a better job of keeping my tank clear and keeping nitrates low. I heard that the bio balls can be nitrate producers more than killers ha

Back
Top Bottom