Added fish after wipeout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea researched that one I don't have a 6 inch sandbed that is needed

I will keep researching about the zebra it's my favorite fish and would love to keep it. Any special reason why their better bought small?

so you can keep it in your tank longer! you don't want to order a 3 foot eel..lol
the truth of the matter is that you will have to get rid of this fish before it is full grown.

lol yes thats true. At that point id rather get the snowflake, i do not have it in my heart to raise a fish for 2 years than have to get rid of it and give it back :/.
I hope u dont mind me asking all these questions i just want a nice running system. I am looking at lunar moon lights for the night time because i do not have lights only for viewing and when 6 o clock hits the tank is black. I was looking for a not so expensive moon light for the night time until the sun comes back up do u have any effecient products that you have used

correct me if im wrong but a golden moray would be the smallest readily available eel as snowflakes can reach 3 ft and thier maximum size is around 2.

what do you mean you dont have lights? like at all?

I do have lights but i only turn them on when im looking at them i want a light for the nighttime like a moon light

i really think fish could benifit from running lights for at least 8-10 hours a day

which is why i want a moon light so my tank doesnt run dark at 5 o clock

im a little confused as to what you are saying. how long do you run day lights every day. night lights are not bright enough to benefit the fish

i have lights and i let them stay on for about 2 hours not to 8-10 hours cause they get very hot and i dont like to leave them on so at mid day when the sunlight goes away it gets dark so i want something for the night

A basic light for viewing. I was looking aren't they very expensive?

Tim, if you are only thinking of expense, then you should not have a SW tank. If the temp. gets to high on a fish only setup then just raise the lights.
Set you lights on a timer that suits your viewing and enjoy your fish.

Last edited:
Yes I know trust me ive given 80% of my money to this tank. Any ideas on a new light set?

i dont have a canopy i didnt like them covering the top just cause of cleaning time taking it off was a hassle. how long would i leave these lights on?

And will the lights effect algea? I have Coralife lights i dont know what kind of product they are i got them with the tank.

easiest thing to do is get a picture of your fixture and post it both top and bottom view

Back
Top Bottom