Added fish after wipeout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you would leave the lights on as long as you want to view the tank, but i wouldn't more than 12 hours...fish gotta sleep.
i'm just trying to find you cool alternatives. you can also use cheapo LED fixtures that won't support corals, but they are trying to get a lot of money for even those.

Timmy Welcome to the Hobby/ADDICTION!!!!!!!, listen and learn as much as you can the knowledge in this Forum will save you years of time and thousands of $$. Good luck with, and ENJOY YOUR TANK!!!!!

JIM

I'm going to post pictures of my lights because they are very similar to the ones you posted on that site. Thanks boiler!

Basic coralife lights

Attachments

• image-1576206709.jpg
    image-1576206709.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 56
  • image-1192200855.jpg
    image-1192200855.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 63
an outher way of say this is that you dont seem to have much light!

I haven't tried them on for 10 hours are these the right lights? And will they cause a lot of unnecessary algae?

they will work fine for you. they won't cause algae if you have clean water. if you keep a dirty tank, you'll have algae problems.
btw, this is a fish only tank. you can turn the lights on a few minutes before you view it and then turn it off when you are done. why not just run the lights starting about an hour before you get home from work, and go off when you are ready for bed?

That's great to hear I will put them on a timer thank you. And I have a lot of live rock the lights won't effect them either correct?

no. live rock doesn't need light to be live. if you want purple coralline to grow though, you may want the lights on for a little longer. btw, those fixtures you have, are they 1 daylight bulb and 1 blue actinic? the blue actinic will really make the color of the fish come out.

Yes it is actually theres a blue actinic and a regular white bulb

Back
Top Bottom