adding live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a fo no live rock or sand I have had it about 6 months what would i have to do to add live rock plus is there a danger of scrathing my acrillic tank like will the fish move them around do i have to go through a cycle again if it is already cured man i wish i would have started with live rock I bought $600 worth of decoration ooops

What are you using for a substrate, CC?
You can add LR, but I would cure it in a separate container (rubbermaid or the like) before adding to to the tank to prevent a new cycle and the ensuing stress to the existing livestock.

How bid is the tank?
If you carefully place the rock there should be little danger of it moving around or scratching your tank.
What livestock do you have in the tank?
Most LR is going to be large enough and weigh enough that there is little danger of inhabitant moving it around. I have some smaller pieces in my tank for a pod pile that the crabs and brittle stars manage to rearrange a bit :lol:

all my info is at the bottom of ym post I guess that would be my signature and thank you

Back
Top Bottom