Adding New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysticeel

Aquarium Advice Freak
I finally have my new tank up and running giving me some more room for one more fishy. I currently have full size magnificent foxface, russell lionfish and zebra eel. I would really like to add an active very colourful and tough fishy to the bunch. I was thinking of adding a Harlequin Tuskfish, but I read it only grows to be a max of 4inchs, which puts it on the menu for the lionfish. Any suggestions would be great.

I have thought about a puffer, but I had not seen any with WOW colour. Plus, I have several sea urchins, cucumbers and snails I would perfer not to be on the menu ^^.

As for triggers I would perfer not to take the risk of them snapping off the lionfishies fins.

Thx very much for your info on the Harlequin Tusk. I am going to be looking out for a large Harlequin to add to my tank ^^

Tusks get huge and thick,,they are beautiful fish and not as aggressive as many think...At least all the ones i have heard about...Go with the Australian one if you get one

What size tank is it?

The tank he will be going into is my 300 gallon. I just upgraded from a 250.

Here are some pics from my iphone...they are not the best sorry ^^

Attachments

• IMG_0347.jpg
    IMG_0347.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 59
I just found out that the blue-spotted puffer max size is around 4-5''. It will make him too small. Plus, it is highly recommended not to mix puffers and lionfish. So, I guess I will be getting a Harlequin Tuskfish if I can find the right size ^^.

Back
Top Bottom