Additional Inhabitants for FOWLER Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boulder

Aquarium Advice Activist
Everyone - beyond fish, what are some interesting inhabitants that a person can add to their SW aquarium while still maintaining the simplicity (basic lights and less complicated filtration / parameters) of a FOWLER system.

So far I have discovered ...

• Feather Dusters (have 2 doing quite well).
• CUC consisting of Snails, Shrimp and Crabs.
• Red Mushrooms - have one that hitch-hiked in and seems to be doing well (it's growing anyway).
• Halimeda plant - another hitch-hiker that looks like it is doing OK (about 3" long and flows in the current).

I eventually will probably get a larger aquarium and go full blown reef but I have alot to learn before I get to that point.

Long spine urchin.
Wow, I am totally drawing a blank....

Sun coral. You'll need to spot feed, but no real lighting requirements. And they are cool! :)

Chili coral; non-photosynthetic and requires target feeding like the sun coral does. Some gorgonians are also non-photosynthetic. I've never kept either of these so can't advise on their difficulty level.

Alright - spine urchins, chili corals and sun corals. I'll research those!

I already spot feed the two feather dusters with PhycoPure thru a 'turkey-baster' so I assume feeding these corals would be similar but maybe with a bigger variety including mysis and brine shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom