Adventures of catching yellowtail damsels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasoncwrd2002

Aquarium Advice Freak
So had 5 yellowtail damsels in my tank to cycle it. Decided this is the weekend that they need to be removed. Set a trap this morning in the only bottle I had which was a Mountain Dew bottle and it hasn't caught nothing yet. As I've been breaking down my other tank I would make attempt at catching them with a net. Bout 20% success rate on that and only have 3 left to catch. They know when the light get lifted up something's up and soon as net slides in water they go under rock.

I have noticed now sitting here watching the tank that my stripped damsels seem to be going after them with a purpose now. Maybe they are helping me since I have had them since my other tank lol

Woke up today. Raised the lid like I was gonna feed them and caught another one. 2 more left to go. But they immediately hide as soon as lid raises. Had planned on removing LR today but still don't want too lol

I removed all of my rock and still took a minute to catch mine. trying to catch damsels is like nailing jello to a tree lol

Everything I've read up on didn't prepare me for yodays attempt. Removed LR. Snails and all an seen one in a corner. Went after him and he dove into and under my sand bed. Speed being of the importance I never saw them reappear. So had to throw LR back in.

Back
Top Bottom