Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

No, not a reef tank just FOWLER so I though I would be ok with the angel.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #12
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Yes you`ll be OK then.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #13
Thanx but no.....

You might want to invest in a QT first. Your getting quite an investment there, it would be a shame to see it come crashing down due to the introduction of disease

It's been a nice slow measured build. It might be time........
Old 06-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlion View Post
I was thinking of a bi-color blenny from when I originally planned by stocking list, what about a bi-color and a flame angel to wrap up my stocking?
Do you mean a "Bi-color Pysdochromis If so I have that fish and it's the terror of my tank. All my gobies hang out on top of my PH's and only come down at night or feeding time.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

I do have a 10 QT that I have been using, so I'm good there! The bi-color blenny is a "Ecsenius bicolor" so it is not the one that you have from what I can tell. I will be getting these fish separately, the blenny first and then the flame angel last. The angel will be my last addition so there are hopefully no turf wars!
Old 06-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #16
Thanx but no.....

My mistake, I thought I remembered you June 11 post being that you bought your yellow that day, acclimated and put him in the tank...
Old 06-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Unfortunately you are correct, I did just introduce the tang without QT. I was speaking to an employee at "That Fish Place" as well as their marine biologist and they both advised against QT of the tang due to the QT only being 10G. They both stated that since the tang is an active swimmer that the 10G QT would stress him out due to not having appropriate space to swim. Luckily everything has worked out so far and I won't have to introduce another fish without a proper QT period.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #18
Thanx but no.....

Really? Well that ticks another place off my list of places to frequent.

"I won't have to introduce another fish without a proper QT period.".... unless you get another that won't swim well in a 10G I guess.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

The Capt. is correct. You have to look at the whole picture. First, the Tang is already stressed by being caught and not fed from the collector to the wholesaler, not being fed here also, then on to the LFS...maybe some food here but not much....All this stress then it's on to your home....Please don't stress him here by have a QT that is to small. That's nonsense... two weeks here all by himself with lots of food, no outside stress...nets, fingers, tapping, etc.. I don't think a small QT is all that bad. I think the LFS gave you bad advice... QT, QT, Qt is the only way to keep your DT disease free. No ands, if's or buts..period
Old 06-24-2009, 09:33 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thincat View Post
The Capt. is correct. You have to look at the whole picture. First, the Tang is already stressed by being caught and not fed from the collector to the wholesaler, not being fed here also, then on to the LFS...maybe some food here but not much....All this stress then it's on to your home....Please don't stress him here by have a QT that is to small. That's nonsense... two weeks here all by himself with lots of food, no outside stress...nets, fingers, tapping, etc.. I don't think a small QT is all that bad. I think the LFS gave you bad advice... QT, QT, Qt is the only way to keep your DT disease free. No ands, if's or buts..period
Sorry thincat but the saying goes no ifs ands or buts...............

Tags
live, livestock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com