Advice on 90 Gal FOWLR- Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hahah sorry for the million questions....I guess I could use a sump....with overflow and a protein skimmer....that sounds like it would work right?

so from what I can see....water goes into the overflow....down into the sump...where the protein skimmer gets at the water first...then it overflows over three pieces of glass into the area where there is sand (gathering this is part of the bio filtration)...then back over two pieces of glass...then back up to the tank?

Gafi said:
does the actualy sump pump do that?

Yes, ur pump puts the water back in you tank. The second chamber holds my rubble for filtration. And yes, the sand holds the biofiltration.

ok so that is in the second column space? or is it in the second and third space?....what is in the spaces following the sand? looks like a heater maybe?

Gafi said:
ok so that is in the second column space? or is it in the second and third space?....what is in the spaces following the sand? looks like a heater maybe?

Heater and allows the water to flow as needed. Plus keeps the water over the bio filter and allows it to filtrate without going straight thru.

Heater and allows the water to flow as needed. Plus keeps the water over the bio filter and allows it to filtrate without going straight thru.

is that last piece of glass cut at two different heights...or is it a smalled piece of glass behind it and the heater placed between.....hard to tell...the second pic looks like its lifted a bit off the bottom

thanks! I kinda like what you have done with this...although I'd want mine in my cabinet I think...how much water you think sits in your sump?

Back
Top Bottom