Aeration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EriksFish315

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would using an airstone to cycle a tank bennifit the process? Can't see to find the answer anywhere. Thanks for the help in advance.

Hmm theres not any way to really quicken the cycle, alot can depend on how good the live rock is and what the ratio to dry rock. :)

Are you using a dead shrimp or pure ammonia for your ammonia source?

Haven't heard about dead shrimp? But yeah I'm actually headed to go grab at least 20 lbs of dry rock soon today. Ammonia source would be food being thrown in there does that count? I know the cycling produces just not quit sure with saltwater. Thanks for your time.

If you are just using fish food I think it will be a long cycle.

You can use a dead supermarket fish dept shrimp. Just throw it in and it will decompose giving you ammonia. :) I use pure ammonia to cycle my tanks, seems to go alot quicker. lol

With the fish food it can take several weeks to get enough ammonia built up to kick start a cycle. For more on saltwater cycling check this out

Cycle your salt tank

Thank you appreciate your help. Just a bit overwhelmed with all the steps to getting this tank setup lol. I'll try the ammonia starting today.

Alright good. My dad couldn't wait for the cycling he's more impatient then me and went to my buddy's pet store and got some of his biomax cubes to put in my filter so that should hyper speed things up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom