Aggressive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madstyle1

Aquarium Advice Freak
thinking of making my peaceful tank to more of an agressive tank. any recomendations of which to get and that would be happy in a 60 gallon tank? my tank is currently fishless right now due to ich. all livestock is in a QT and one theyre good to go i will trade them in.

all i have in the main tank is a cleaner shrimp, 2 turbo snails, 70 pounds of LR and a frag of polyps.

pls advise. Thanks!

I`m thinking of a nice Snowflake eel.

100_1859.jpg

will he harm cleaner shrimp? and are they reef safe? in case i eventually get some

What is your current livestock? There is a chance any eel will devour cleaner shrimp, but sometimes they are accepted for cleaning behaviors.

ok .. how do you feel about trigger fish? lion fish? angler fish?

just read some description on them from live aquaria. it claims that they like to jump out? i have an open tank

A shrimp is going to be in trouble in an aggressive tank if you are looking on how to make it with the cleaner shrimp.

just read some description on them from live aquaria. it claims that they like to jump out? i have an open tank

Very true. You need to have a screen like top on the tank. Kind of like a window screen material.

well im still thinking about it. im not definite yet on what to do

gat a maroon or a fire clown. both can be pretty aggressive. I have both, and I really like them. Also fridmani psudochromis (purple or lavender psudochromis) have a lot of personality, and like to make sure everything is in it's place. I have them as well. never had any probs w/ them harming any livestock, other than the maroon will move corals if they're to close to his territory

i just got back from my LFS didnt buy anything but did see a maroon clown for sale.

both are fighting can they not be paired? theyre in the qt now. one is bigger than the other.. please advise so i can take 1 back before lfs closes.

Depending on the qt size you can use eggcrate as a divider. No matter what you try and pair, clownfish-wise, there will be aggression and especially with maroon clowns. Try the divider ;)

both are not the same size. one is definitely bigger than the other and i made sure of that.

I couldnt find an egg crate at my local grocery store. so i took a really thin cutting board and it actually fits. theres no holes in it so im concern the heater will pass thru heat from one side to another.

You can find eggcrate (light diffusor) at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. You can use zipties and window screen or other plastic netting (non-treated) if the maroons are small enough to fit or almost fit through the eggcrate. I would not use the cutting board.

Back
Top Bottom