Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Not my style. and lions generally don't mess with fish that are bigger than mouth size and I understand your not supposed to do tangs in small tanks like that but I know a few very very successful hobbyists that have tanks my size with tang. If they get to big you can always sell or trade. And u actually had a regal and bristol before redoing the tank for a reef

Old 10-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafuzy View Post
Not my style. and lions generally don't mess with fish that are bigger than mouth size and I understand your not supposed to do tangs in small tanks like that but I know a few very very successful hobbyists that have tanks my size with tang. If they get to big you can always sell or trade. And u actually had a regal and bristol before redoing the tank for a reef
,,not me,never had a regal or bristol either
I'm aggressive all the way(just upgraded to a 280)..Never had a reef ,,never will

I never owned a lion,but do have an angler and they will eat things more than half there size(thought lions were the same)...
Not going to argue about tangs either,,but my thought is ,,i just never like thinking i have to catch and trade a fish because it outgrew my tank

FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Im actually with you on that unfortunately I cannot afford a bigger tank but always wanted to do aggressive . What size tank you have??? What fish do you have? ?? Are they amazing????
Old 10-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafuzy View Post
Im actually with you on that unfortunately I cannot afford a bigger tank but always wanted to do aggressive . What size tank you have??? What fish do you have? ?? Are they amazing????
FTMMWS's 280 build ...
FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:10 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

No triggers, there's really no "easier" trigger...the majority get to 10-12 inches in length, some larger. And please don't underestimate a lions eating abilities... I accidentally cut a silverside too long for my volitan and by the time I dropped it into the water, my lion was moving for it....completely ate it..even though the tail stuck out his mouth. Imo you'd need atleast a 125 to house this combo
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Huma huma im getting a 110 gal in a couple days. I will have the lion, 2 triggers, snowflake eel, powder blue tang and a maroon clown. Is it ok now???? will this work? ? Please say yes cause im ecstatic now
Old 10-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

If you're going to get a lion the only option would be a Fuzzy or fu manchu. 55 G don't really give you the depth you need for larger predatory fish such volitons or big triggers. I agree with ftmmws a dwarf angel or 6 line wrasse. If you get a maroon clown buy them smaller cuz the get fast quick and in a hurry and can be very aggressive.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Omg you guys!!!! I just said im.getting a 110g in 2 days. So I want the volitans 2 triggers snowflake eel maroon clown and powder blue tang!!!! Is that good??? will that stock work out????
Old 10-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

110 yes, you will be fine.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thank you guys!

Tags
aggressive

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com