Agressive or Community fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EELectric

Aquarium Advice Freak
I love aggressive fish but you cant have as many fish with aggressive ones and its more of a hassel to clean the tank with messy eaters so what do you guys think: Agressive or Community???

It depends on how large the tank is, how much hiding spots and exactly how aggressive the fish are. I have an 80 gal with 14 Mbuna cichlids, a common pleco (8"), a Synodontis (4") and a green striped catfish (4").

As for more of a hassle to clean the tank--nah!

I realize I'm in the SW forum--this works for me and my nutty FW fish :wink:

Also with a 55 gallon your better off with a community fish tank, because you could have so many more fish. My opinion I would not do a aggresive tank without at least a 100-125 gallon becuase you can only have like 2-4 fish with anything smaller. I dont mean it is a bad thing to house aggresive fish in a 55 gallon tank but you are very limited in space. I don't know about you guys but when I fill up one tank with fish I feel the need to go out and buy a bigger one!

If I could only have one I would choose a community tank. Larger fish selection, more fish in one tank, plus lots of inverts and corals to choose from to add color and contrast to the tank. Be careful, my FOWLR community tank has evolved into a full-blown reef and I do not remember just how it happend!

i agree with atari, two tanks indeed! however i guess you could say i went about it all backwards, my 150 is a community/reef tank, and my 55 is agressive FOWLR. i am totally at my limit of fish in both tanks. however i can always add more corals to my reef!!
good luck,
mermaid

Back
Top Bottom