Agressive or peaceful?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pittenger5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I know this will be mostly personal preference, but I just cant decide how to stock my 75 gal tank.
The original plan was for an eel and a dwarf lion fish, but lately I'm not sure that will be "exciting" enough in terms of movement and things to look at.
I do love clownfish and all those guys, and theres obviously a ton of snails and shrimp that could be added for interest, but that just seems "ordinary".
So, is there any sort of factual, or real life experience type information that can sway my decision one way or the other?

I started out my saltwater addiction with triggers. I have had everything from triggers to eels and puffers. If I could go back I would just go with a nice peaceful tank without predators. It is harder to keep clean and is costly to feed down the road.
If my puffer wasn't so darn cute I would trade him in to my lfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

are you planning on staying FOWLR or eventually plan on going reef ?
Tell us a little about your tank and what are your future plans ?
what type of fish do you like ?
do you plan on having inverts ?
some fish eat inverts .
wouldn't want to recommend some fish if you intend on turning it into a reef later on
that s why I ask questions first .

No corals. Just fish and rock. I do like anemones so Ill probably keep some of those.
I have nothing in there now, except a couple crabs.
If I go aggressive, Im going to do a snowflake eel and a lion fish.
If I go peaceful, Ill do clownfish, and find some other random fish, and a bunch of crabs/snail/shimp, and a couple starfish.

Ive always WANTED an aggressive tank, but I'm afraid it just won't be as "visually" exciting and will just cause me to lose interest in it. (I do have a 135 gallon freshwater, so this isn't just an impulse buy).

eel and lion will eat your crabs I keep hearing stories about how everyone has issues keeping lions alive , no personal experience there , my trigger keeps the tank alive always showing off , I also have a few bass that are active also ,

I do semi aggressive. Lions, puffer, Tusk. Triggers are a very aggressive fish. I feel that the fish are heartier.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom