Aiptasia anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColBen112

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got Aiptasia anemone starting in my tank but i was looking at getting a copperband butterfly and i hear the real problem is to get them to eat but i hear they love aiptasia so should i leave it in there till the copperband eats it or should i pull it out now? Help please:confused:

Do not get a copperband butterfly. They are not the easiest fish to take care of. I would recommend getting a bottle of aiptasia X at your local fish store. It works wonderfully.

Alright ill do that thanks so even after the aiptasia is gone you would still say no to the copperband.

I don't know much about butterfly fish but I know that most of them are very hard to care for due to their specific eating habits. I would skip the butterflyfish, especially if you are new to the hobby. Wait until you gain some experience.

alright will do yeah ive had a fresh water tank for almost a year and i finally bought a salt water tank and im just a nube lol but im trying so what would you sugest for beginner fish i got a fire fish and a lawnmower blenny and the clean up crew 4 snails and 3 hermit plus two peppermint shrimp i thought about getting clows would that be alright for a beginner

Ok do you already have these fish in your tank or are you just thinking about it? What size of tank do you have? And what sort of filtration do you have?

I'm a beginner and I went with 2 clowns and 2 green chromis for my beginner fish. I believe the chromis are hardier.

I got a 46 gallon bowfront with about 10 pounds of live rock and more base rock and live sand a got a aqua-tech 30-60 filter also i got a 35psdx light i just have the fire fish and 2 peppermint shrimp along with a lawnmower blenny and 4 snails How long did you let your tank cycle before you put the clowns in

Well said, scott. The cycle is done when it's done. You put in your ammonia source and test your water until the ammonia goes to 0, then watch your nitrite raise and return to 0, when these 2 are at 0 you should start to see your nitrates rise. Then do a 30% water change and add fish slowly. No more then one a week. I know it's easier said then done and most of us make the mistake of adding to many fish at once. Slow and steady wins the race. lol

Alright so after the ammonia goes to 0 thats when the nitrite cause it will rise and then drop they my nitrates will rise and drop then do i 30 percent water change

Back
Top Bottom