Aiptasia question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wrasse326

Aquarium Advice Freak
Should I be worried about aiptasia in my tank if I don't plan on having corals? I think my starfish is eating them and spreading them. Because I see him on a spot where one was and then he moves and it's gone and I don't know if he's getting it all or not and if he's not then he's spreading it. I think I've got like 10 now. Don't even know where they came from. I haven't bought any new live rock in like a year. Guess it was always there and just never saw it or it didn't spread? I don't know how to actually get rid of them. I heard about people using things like aiptasia x and they thought they were all gone then all the sudden they had triple the amount they had before. Should I just get like 10 peppermint shrimp and see if they can take care of it? Or if my starfish is eating them do you think he is getting the whole thing just not getting them fast enough before they spread?

A pair of Peppermint shrimp worked for my 225 gallon. They will get the ones you can't see. If you have any large ones you may want to take care of them yourself. I had good luck with Joe's Juice. Good luck!

Ok. My tank is 150 so I'll look into getting a couple peppermint shrimp. All of them are really tiny so I think they'll be able to take care of them

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom