Airstones...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomStav

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi, sorry if this is a very stupid question....

I have a 75G SW FOLR with a 30G sump. My question is, do I need to have an Airstones in the display tank or would it be adequate to just have one in the sump? Currently I have them in both. The only reason I wold like to remove the one from the DT is due to the amount of salt it creates on the tank & wall. I am just using the classic regular Airstones, would the ceramic ones create less "splashing"?

Thanks!

Tom

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

Yeah, take the airstone out, salt creep is a pain! I don't have an airstone in my sump either, but how the overflow goes down, it does in such a fashion that it aerates as it flows into the sump.

you will need to have flow in the tank though. you know this, right? you will need some power heads to move water.

Yes i have two power heads along with four outlets from the sump so there is a lot of flow, and i have kept the air-stone in my sump section.

if I have time tomorrow maybe I'll post a detailed diagram of my tank to get advice on my setup/ sump media.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

You don't need an airstone at all. I suggest taking it out. It is doing absolutely nothing for your tank. No benefits.

I don't think you need an airstone. You already have a lot of flow in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom