Algae Control ideas with Harlequin Tusk in Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Herndo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a harlequin tusk and he eats all my crabs and most of my snails. I try to keep him full but he thinks it's a hobby of his.

I have a tuxedo urchin that has lived almost a year and he doesn't get bothered by the tusk, but he's only one man. Can I have more than one of them? He does an ok job. is there anything esle I can put in there to clean the algae,?(hair algae)

I've lowered the timer on the lights to slow the growth and my phosphates came from having to use tap water twice to top off as I was out of Distilled. I guess the phosphates will run out eventually, but I was hoping there were some other cleaners out there. Thanks.

I have a pencil urchin and pincushion in my 55G tank. I would say if you decide on getting another one, get one with spines, possibly a long spine urchin (the pencil urchin might not scare him away). What size tank do you have? If you update "my info" with your tank size/equip/critters we can help out a little easier. Maybe some sort of star. I would stay away from crustaceans, since thats what he likes. You are kind of limited on your clean up crew....

Back
Top Bottom